Come see us at Hear Better, Inc.
Attention Seniors, Families and Professional Caretakers! Consider this very important matter when speaking to your doctor about Cognitive Function.
At Hear Better, Inc. we know that cognitive and overall mental health assessments of the elderly and associated life changing decisions should not be considered without first obtaining a Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation of the Patient. Once hearing loss is diagnosed and the Patient’s coping abilities have been evaluated the Patient should then be fitted with the best hearing instruments and devices according to his or her lifestyle.
Once hearing loss is found, appropriate treatment made, counseling and coping strategies understood the Patient will begin recovery of lost memory and other cognitive functions.
The time for Patient assessment is when the following has taken place:
- Family, doctors and caretakers understand that hearing loss affects memory loss and cognitive function, and advocate proper treatment for the Patient
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation and pre-fitting Consultation completed
- Lifestyle appropriate Hearing Aids and/or Assistive Devices have been chosen and properly programmed to individual patient needs
- Actual in-situ fitting of the hearing aids with the patient and good conformity obtained
- Professional Counseling on use, care, insertion, expectations, and Coping Strategies for acclimatization and lingering issues have been presented and understood by the patient and their family
- All necessary follow-up appointments completed
It is at this time that cognitive and overall mental health assessments should be made. Hearing is the Keystone to communication and the understanding of our surroundings. It evokes memories, emotions and spurs intellectual engagement allowing for positive relationships and good overall health.
- Early intervention for the hearing-impaired person coupled with appropriate fittings and counseling by a Hearing Healthcare Professional is the primary solution for recovering lost memory and other cognitive functions, and for Keeping Your Memory for Life!